Michael Reaves graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors from the University of Arizona ('15) with a BA in Philosophy, Politics, Economics, and Law. He went on to complete a M.S. in Bioethics at Columbia ('17).
While focusing his master's thesis on reform within the pharmaceutical industry, Michael worked as a graduate assistant in research oversight at the New York State Psychiatric Institute during the most recent adoption of Common Rule amendments.
Michael enjoys writing on controversial topics in healthcare technology, research ethics, and pharmaceutical law. He is currently a Clinical Research Coordinator at Columbia University Medical Center.
Articles Published at Voices in Bioethics
1. "Global Ethics of Genome Editing." April 27, 2017.
2. "Global Ethics of Drug Trials." April 6, 2017.
3. "Self-Tracking Pills: Medical Adherence in the Twenty-First Century." Mar 23, 2017.
4. "Interview with Dr. Marcia Angell, former Editor-in-Chief of the New England Journal of Medicine." Dec 2, 2016.
5. "Pedophilia: Prevention or Paternalism?" Nov 16, 2016.