Submission Guidelines for Authors
Manuscripts: Authors interested in submitting a manuscript must adhere to the following requirements:
1) Cover page: On the first page of the document, please include the following:
2) Document title: Please title the Word document to include author’s name and date submitted in the document title. This will assist the editors in tracking documents.
3) Submission Format:
4) Length of Submission:
5) Citations: To facilitate a cohesive journal, please format all references as endnotes in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style. More information, including examples, is available here: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html
Images: Should authors wish to provide an associated picture or image, please attach the preferred image as a JPEG. If no image is provided, Editors will select a suitable image. Further, Editors retain the right not to publish any images deemed inappropriate or otherwise not suitable. Please include the source information and appropriate credits for the image, as Voices in Bioethics is not authorized to publish images without appropriate credit/sourcing.
Author Integrity: By submitting any material for online publication in Voices in Bioethics, the author(s) warrant that:
1) They are the sole author(s) of that information, and that all authors have been included on the cover page.
2) They agree to have their content published online.
3) The content does not infringe upon the rights of others (including but not limited to privacy rights, particularly patient privacy rights under HIPAA, copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights); that any material used is properly cited and credited; and that the submitted content does not contain unlawful, libelous, or slanderous statements.
4) Publication of the submitted content will not result in any harm or injury to any individuals or entities. Further, authors should disclose in the cover email whether there are any financial or other relationships that might result in a conflict of interest.
1) We employ a double-peer review process, in which two individual peer reviewers read submitted articles and send back comments via Microsoft Word’s track changes feature.
2) Editors will review your article and reserve the right to edit documents for publication. Authors will have the opportunity to review and revise at each stage of the editing process, and make changes or corrections prior to publication.
Thank you for your submission! Please note that all submissions may be subject to revision. The publication cycle of editing and revision typically lasts between 2–3 weeks.
We look forward to working with you!
Sarah Kiskadden-Bechtel, Editor-in-Chief
Myra Hyder, Managing Editor